A woman testifies in support of government funding of birth control items so that females can get this stuff free -- Rush Limbaugh responds by calling her certain very uncomplimentary names -- an avalanche of criticism is launched against Limbaugh -- some advertisers withdraw support -- many of the media again demonstrate that they most resemble sharks in bloody water where Limbaugh is the focus of attention, and so it goes! --- A variety of news sources on this "earth shaking" happening in the U.S.A!
It seems that nobody wants to or is willing to honestly face the big picture in the recent Limbaugh/Fluke controversy. Sandra Fluke in a sense was "campaigning" for government funding of birth control items -- that is, females wanting access to birth control items should be able to obtain the same under Obamacare at no cost to them, as the health plan seems to be commonly known.
As this became public, Rush Limbaugh reacted by calling Sandra a couple of rather derogatory names! A lot of public hostility was directed toward Rush because of his comments. Even President Obama called Sandra to console her -- one wonders just what all he may have said -- you know, something like, "Poor, poor Sandy -- did that mean old Rush say nasty things about you? You're a good girl -- just don't pay any attention to that hateful man -- he has said a lot of bad things about me too!"
The tragic fact in this is a neglect at looking far enough into the issue that the big picture of reality is very clearly revealed!
Our culture has lost its moral compass and no longer considers what our Creator says about life and responsibility.
One issue has to do with human sexuality and the proper way to express and experience it. God has drawn the boundaries explicitly and has shown what is acceptable sexual conduct and what is not.
The revelation given to us from God spells out what unacceptable sexual behavior is in all human relationships:
1. Sexual intimacy between two unmarried persons is an act of fornication and condemned by God. Nowhere is there ever a reference in the holy Scriptures that this is acceptable conduct in the sight of God.
2. Sexual intimacy between two persons, with at least one being married to a person other than the one with whom the act of sexual intimacy is taking place is considered to be adultery and condemned by God. In fact God used this immoral example as an illustration as to the unfaithfulness of His people, the ancient Israelites, engaging in the practices of worshipping false gods and goddesses. Some of these worship "rituals" involved such things as immoral sexual activity and sacrificing little children by throwing them alive into a fire!
3. Same gender sexual intimacy is not labeled as simply "sin" but as an abomination. What is the difference? As best the human mind can grasp the difference, we must conclude that an abomination is sin intensified many, many times over! The shedding of innocent blood is labeled by God as not a sin, but an abomination! The preceding example of sacrificing small children by throwing them into a raging fire as an act of worship to the ancient Canaanite god, Molech, would be an abomination. And so same gender sexual intimacy is not in the same class of sinful offenses such as fornication or adultery but something many times worse than these!
4. The Scriptures also mention the subject of sexual activity with animals. Common sense should tell every human being that this is stricly off limits, but obviously there are those who feel this can be very acceptable to those who desire to be involved in such activity. God labels it a "perversion" and soundly condemns it.
4. There are other sexual related offenses that take place within the human race in different ways such as sexual abuse of children and youth, rape, and a pornography industry that thrives on visual display of all manner sexual activity ranging from male/female intercourse to a wide variety of bizarre perversions!
God has set the boundary line of acceptable sexual expression and experience around a special couple -- a male and a female whom He has joined together in a significant covenant known as marriage. One can closely examine the holy Scriptures word by word and never find God approving conduct such as that described earlier. Only within the covenant of marriage does God grant His blessing when it comes to a man and a woman sharing the joy of their marriage within the context of sexual intimacy!
The very clear implication in the health care debate over government funding of birth control items so that females can obtain these without cost is that you can freely engage in your choice of sexual activity -- there are no moral restrictions -- do your own thing as your lusts dictate -- it's all OK since we make our own rules -- further, we must listen to the voice of the "Instant Gratification" god/goddess at all times, committing spiritual suicide in the process!
Any hope that the citizens of a republic known as the United States of America will seriously look at the BIG picture and consider the boundary lines as established by the Creator of the heavens and this lowly earth when it comes to human sexuality? Not likely -- the evidence is mounting day by day that we will experience what numerous cultures of the past learned the hard way -- when a defiant spirit dominates through time, then something called judgment at the hands of an angry God takes place! Ruins of nations which existed in the past testify that you cannot ignore the moral laws of God and get away with it -- it remains as written in Scripture, "God is not mocked..."
"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. Nor shall you mate with any beast, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before a beast to mate with it. It is perversion. Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you." --- Leviticus 18:22-24
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. --- 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10
Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. --- Revelation 22:14, 15