Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mr. President, You Certainly Are Correct About All That “Cable Chatter!”



President Obama, while partying with Democrats recently in Williamsburg VA made reference to something called “cable chatter.” He seemed somewhat upset about the fact that not everyone has jumped on board his gargantuan stimulus bill bandwagon and the “cable chatter” by insinuation involves negative comments and discussion about the bill presently before the U. S. Congress.


President Obama, after some delay I have finally come to the conclusion that you are correct when you make reference to the problem created by all that “cable chatter,” a term which you used when you joined the Democrats at their party in Williamsburg VA a few days ago.

I really didn’t believe it at first and I don’t spend a lot of time with cable networks, so your use of that term caused me to sit up a bit and pay closer attention.

But I now can say I got a good dose of “cable chatter” in recent days, and I really believe something should be done about this growing problem -- and I repeat again -- you are absolutely correct on this issue.

On Friday, February 6, 2009, I saw a fellow really running at the mouth about this huge stimulus bill that the Congress is considering. In this case, it was an attempt to convince any who were listening and watching that this stimulus plan is nothing short of a miracle in terms of what it will do to heal our very ill economy. Yes, indeed, the chatter was non-stop for quite a period of time.

And then, Mr. President, I saw more of this “cable chatter” stuff on Monday, February 9, 2009. Lots of chatter coming from a place called Elkhart, Indiana! I turned to another cable channel and there it was again – lots of chatter by that same fellow and he was talking about the same subject – I agree, Mr. President, you have really hit the nail on the head -- no doubt about it -- we sure have a problem with this “cable chatter” thing!

Then on Monday night, February 9, 2009, just when one would think that chatter stuff would ease up a bit from all that verbosity during the day, it happened again. I switched to another cable channel and it was the same guy again – and yes, you guessed it, lots and lots of “cable chatter” about that stimulus thing that will get us on the road to prosperity. In spite of the chatter, if it comes off as this chatter guy says it will, then those 500 million who will lose their jobs according to Speaker of the House, N. Pelosi, have nothing to fear. No, that’s not a misquote – that’s what she really said – it’s all on video – 500 million jobs! Maybe I’ve been asleep for a long time or fed misinformation – last I heard, the U. S. population is at about 305 million persons!

But wouldn’t you know – more “cable chatter” came forth from Florida today. It was that same guy again and I switched to another channel and there he was – he just won’t go away and he was making “cable chatter” like bees swarming around a hive filled full of honey!

Mr. President, I deliberately repeat myself one more time and say without apology that you are correct – we shouldn’t have to put up with all this “cable chatter,” should we? Maybe you can do something about it. A major problem related to this issue is that this guy flies around the country in this huge jet aircraft – a Boeing 747, and people such as I are footing the bill for that monstrosity to fly through the air and to maintain it on the ground! Why is it we get the feeling we are getting ripped off as well as having the wool pulled over our eyes about all this “cable chatter” and the effort behind it which says, “This stimulus thing will usher in a great age of prosperity and plenty for us, our children, and our grandchildren!


For the leaders of this people cause them to err, and those who are led by them are destroyed. --- Isaiah 9:16

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest turning off the TV and going outside for some fresh air. Incidentally, I cut off the cable in September and have lost 11 pounds and a good deal of stress.

PA Maverick said...

Good for you, Charley! Actually my TV time is limited by choice. I do enjoy a movie now and then from the old days -- when Hollywood produced films that had no cesspool language, everyone kept their clothes on, violence was kept to a minimum, and most stories had a happy ending. As you know, those days have long since disappeared.
I do get fresh air regularly -- my day starts at between 4:30 and 5:00 AM with an hour or more devotional time. Then I head out the door for a 2 mile walk. The exception is when we have 0 degrees or lower temperatures. I did walk a couple years back or so on one morning at -11 degrees -- the air was not only fresh but a tad frosty! About the comments on the "cable chatter" and that "guy" to whom I made reference. I don't have a strong enough stomach to take him from start to finish -- at most the exposure was maybe 10 to fifteen seconds on one channel and same when switched to another. A teeney bit of that guy goes a long, long way! There are a lot of sources for information on what is going on in that asylum known as Washington DC where the inmates have taken over, and as unpleasant as it is, one should keep informed a bit, comparing that information with what God has to say about the history of this world as it plays out its final act on stage!