He rules by His power forever; His eyes observe the nations; do not let the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah. --- Psalm 66:7
Pour out Your wrath on the nations that do not know You, and on the kingdoms that do not call on Your name. --- Psalm 79:6
The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God. --- Psalm 9:17
It is still a given that the majority of United States citizens believe certain myths about our republic:
1. Some believe the U. S. to be the most powerful nation in the world.
2. Some believe and insist that the U. S. is the most wealthy nation in the world.
3. There are those who believe that the U. S. is the "leader" among the 195 nations of the world.
4. And there are those, of course, who mistakenly believe that the U. S. is a "Christian" nation!
Why the change from what used to be great power, wealth, a prominent leadership role in the world, and a prestigious identity with the Christian faith?
The answer is rather simple -- we no longer are under the blessing of Almighty God as in times long since past.
Consider three critical issues as to why this deplorable condition exists:
1. The first issue is financial in nature and the fact that the U. S. is deeply and hopelessly in debt. Perhaps one way of illustrating this tragedy is to imagine a quicksand bog -- we are as a person who has become trapped in it, and the struggle begins -- one foot is raised in the attempt to find something solid upon which to stand, but the other foot and leg sink even deeper. All the while there is the steady sinking into the mire happening and no hope of rescue! And the more intense the struggle to break free, the deeper into the quicksand the victim descends! Our present "bog" which is enlarging every second is over 14 trillion dollars. The nation of China owns about 1 trillion of that alone.
Recently a flurry of activity took place in the nation's capitol over the budget. Republicans wanted to originally cut spending by 100 billion -- then that was reduced considerably and a final "compromise" worked out in which now the figure of cuts is about 38 billion. That sure will go a long way in eliminating over 14 TRILLION dollars of debt, will it not?
The president and the U. S. Congress are intent on spending money we do not have and will not exercise restraint and common sense in handling revenue income. The Scriptures reveal that a nation intent on obeying God will be blessed with prosperity and will be a lender to nations and NOT a borrower! (See verification in Deuteronomy 28 where finances are mentioned, but there are other issues in the chapter where it is like looking into the mirror and there we see the United States).
2. Second, an issue that is moral in nature. The president pushed for and, with support from enough members of the Congress, was able to get legislation that removed the ban on sodomites serving openly in the U. S. military. While the sodomite/lesbian agenda has been making great strides forward with growing acceptance across our nation, God's view of this type of sexual activity has not changed at all. God labels such activity as an abomination -- not merely as sin, but as something that is as sin intensified many times over! It is totally repugnant in the sight of God and thoroughly condemned. The ultimate consequences are seen in the ashes of Sodom and Gomorrah! (Note references to these in 2 Peter 2:6 & Jude 1:7).
3. Third, an issue that is also moral in nature. The president and supporters in Congress are aggressive in the support of the destruction of unborn children, under the deadly idea that it is a "constitutional right" to do so -- the average rate of destruction is about 25,000 a week throughout the year!
The president's record as a legislator is clear -- he opposed efforts to try to place some restrictons on aborting unborn children and obviously he would do likewise in any future attempt to further restrict abortions in any way whatsover!
Even worse is the fact that there are church leaders who shoose not to address the rampant "shedding of innocent blood" in this republic. God, of course, has made extremely clear His view of human life and His holy purpose for the same.
Once one has given serious thought to God's view of human life, there is but one conclusion to which one can arrive. To intentionally interfere with God's plan and purpose for a human life is to invite His judgmental wrath at some point in the future. With nearly 53 million unborn victims tallied so far in the United States' unique version of "Holocaust", the question is not whether God's judgment will come upon our republic, but rather how soon will it happen?
Will radical and necessary changes be made very soon so that once again the nation will be blessed by God with success and have a hopeful and secure future? There is absolutely no indication that our leaders (political and church) are willing to engage in a transforming life experience known as repentance! And if the leaders refuse to repent, then the citizens most likely will follow the example which guarantees failure and collapse!
Other issues are further detailed in comments titled, "Driving the Final Nails!"
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, and the people whom He has chosen as His own inheritance. The LORD looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men. From the place of His habitation He looks On all the inhabitants of the earth; He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their works. No king is saved by the multitude of an army; a mighty man is not delivered by great strength. A horse is a vain hope for safety; neither shall it deliver any by its great strength. Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy, to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. --- Psalm 33:12-19