Would you want to read an author who wrote a book full of contradictions and told of things that happened but really had not? Further, that this author made claims for himself trying to convince you they were true when they were lies?
That is what has happened within the ranks of something that has invaded churches which profess the Christian faith! The infiltrator is a malicious group of persons identified as “Progressive Christianity!” They are made up of theologians, scholars, seminary professors, denominational leaders, pastors, teachers, and church pew occupiers.
Notice I have used a small “g” when using the word, god, as applied to this group of persons who claim to be “progressives” regarding the Christian faith.
I use the capital “G” when using the word, God, as identifying the true deity Who is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He is also the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. But further, Jesus is literally God revealed in human form. Of equal importance is the fact that God is the Author of that very special volume of information known as the Bible or the holy Scriptures!
But back to the progressive crowd. While they refer to a god and try to relate the Bible to their deity, it a most pathetic endeavor to say the least. According to these people, what is reported in the Bible is to viewed in the following ways:
1. The flood at the time of Noah never really happened.
2. There is no such God Who takes vengeance or brings judgment on people or nations.
3. Jonah was not swallowed by a great fish, etc.
4. There is no Hell or such a thing as eternal punishment.
5. There is no Satan in existence nor are there demon spirits.
6. There was no virgin birth.
7. There was no atonement – actual quote on this is: “Jesus did not die for our sins. Let that be said a thousand times. Jesus did not come from God to rescue fallen, sinful, inadequate, incompetent people like you and me. That is an image of a God who comes to us from outside to rescue this terrible and fallen creation. That is an idea from which we need to escape.” From “Living the Questions – The Wisdom of Progressive Christianity” by David M. Felten and Jeff Procter-Murphy, p. 114 – HarperCollins, publishers.
8. Jesus is not going to return to this world. A chapter in the above-mentioned book is titled, “Debunking the Rapture.”
9. The discussion on original sin is such that no word has yet been invented in the English language to accurately describe it!
The issue comes down to this in regard God’s revelation to humans by means of the Scriptures – is this statement true or is it not, and is Almighty God the One responsible for the Bible having come into existence? “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” [2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV)].
Now do you see why I used a small "g" in the word god as it pertains to progressive Christianity? Their god is in a sense identified with the Bible -- but their god is one that is very contradictory in things he has allegedly revealed in his "book!" And he tells of things that actually did not happen, according to the progressives!
Yes, the god of the progressives does really exist. Avoid him at all costs! Now take a close look at his feet – notice, that they are not human with toes on the end – they are cloven hooves!
And Jesus answered and said unto them, “Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.…. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many…..For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” [Matthew 24:4,5,11,24 (KJV)].