Your princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves; Everyone loves bribes, and follows after rewards. They do not defend the fatherless, nor does the cause of the widow come before them. --- Isaiah 1:23
For the leaders of this people cause them to err, and those who are led by them are destroyed. --- Isaiah 9:16
Her princes in her midst are like wolves tearing the prey, to shed blood, to destroy people, and to get dishonest gain. --- Ezekiel 22:27
Today is known as "Super Tuesday" with a number of states holding primary elections and aspiring presidential candidates scurrying about like a bunch of ants when their anthill has been demolished!
In spite of professed differences, there is one thing which lumps all of the 2008 candidates together into the same mold -- not a single one is honest enough to face hard reality in this country which she or he desires to lead as president come January 2009! Not one has seriously addressed the ethical, moral and spiritual corruption that is massively destroying this country just as a raging melonoma destroys and brings about certain death to the human body!
Anyone with even a sprinkling of sensitivity to God's special revelation and His spiritual standards by which humans are expected to live can only conclude that as a nation we are on a path to unprecedented disaster -- one of such magnitude that the human mind cannot possibly begin to comprehend it!
It's pretty well documented that some candidates are on record as favoring the continuation of a gross practice that will invoke the wrath of God more quickly than any other national transgression -- the practice of destroying over 100,000 unborn children each month on average!
The major problems are not:
- foreign policy and spending billions upon billions of dollars fighting conflicts in such places as Iraq, Afghanistan, and wherever else we believe we need to do some shootouts at the O.K. Corral locations!
- economic and how to stimulate the economy of a nation that is hopelessly trillions of dollars in debt!
- health care and how to establish a guarantee that everyone is covered by insurance in a health care industry that is badly infected with a virus called greed!
- employment and how to create more jobs (a long time favorite song & dance routine of every politician)!
- education and how to improve it when we have already knocked the foundation out from under our young by telling them their "roots" go back to a pool of slime containing some wriggling organisms millions of years ago!
- social with millions of illegal aliens who believe the U.S. laws on immigration in no way apply to them whatsover!
- technological involving the exploration of outer space, inner space, miniature space, urban space, rural space, wilderness space, jungle space, desert space, oceanic space, center of the earth space, or _________ (insert your own choice in the blank) space!
No, the major problem is our relationship with Almighty God Who not only holds each of us as individuals accountable to Him, but whole nations as well. The issue is one as to whether we intentionally choose to obey, serve and honor Him as God, Who gives us life and Who has provided redemption from sin and destruction through His Son, Jesus Christ.
But since the republic of the U.S.A. has chosen to hand down such insane decisions as declaring public schools off limits to God and the sanctioned destruction of humans for which He has definite plans, then all we can expect sometime in the future is a response from the Creator of the heavens and the earth. That response will be most unpleasant to experience, to say the least! Our massive idolatry, trashing of the day of worship, pandemic sexual immorality and lukewarm "church-ianity" simply add further to the growing list of charges against us -- and all the while we, politicians included, make the claim of being a "nation under God." This has got to be a qualifier in the Guiness Book of Records as being one the most hypocritical claims ever made in human history!
Now here's a thought to consider -- why don't we elect the little mouse which you saw at the beginning as our next president? He'll do a better job than any of those competing for that office at the present time!
Thus says the LORD: "Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; then you will find rest for your souls. But they said, 'We will not walk in it.' Also, I set watchmen over you, saying, 'listen to the sound of the trumpet!' But they said, 'We will not listen.' Therefore hear, you nations, and know, O congregation, what is among them. Hear, O earth! Behold, I will certainly bring calamity on this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not heeded My words, nor My law, but rejected it." --- Jeremiah 6:16-19