Tuesday, March 13, 2007

An Email Which Really Made My Day!


I receive a lot of emails. The volume has increased over the years since the establishment of my web site, Circuit Rider's Range, back in 1998.

Due to the content of the Range, there are some very negative emails which come my way from time to time -- the kind which I cannot and will not quote to you due to language used. Sometimes I almost feel bad that I have caused some people's blood pressure to reach the mortal danger level -- note that I said, "almost!"

But there have been the supportive and encouraging kind as well. With Bob's permission, I am printing his email here as I received it:


Hey Clayton----Just a note to say, because I have so much idle time on my hands, I have been exploring your web site everyday and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Have read many of the articles and find them very interesting. There is one place in there where you ask the question, Will you meet me in Heaven? I can, with absolute
certainty say, that I will meet you in Heaven someday. Because of a very precious Mother who led me to the Cross of Calvary, I was able to settle that account with the Lord many years ago. Mother told me many times, beware, because Satan is still active upon this earth and will constantly be reminding you of your past. She always told me to be like that old mule dad had. We didn't need a line on him, but he had to have blinders on to keep him from being tempted from going to the right or left when we plowed corn. He could only see straight ahead. We have to be the same way, and keep our eyes and mind focused straight ahead on Jesus. She said, being a christian will not be easy, but knowing that the Precious Blood of Jesus has washed away your sins and they will be remembered no more. Never look back and let Satan tempt you. And believe me, he tries very hard. Past and present !!! I have been through many trials in my life, as you already know, but God has always sustained me. And for that, I give Him all the Praise and Glory. And thank Him every day. I just wanted to share this with you. Sometimes these winter days get pretty long. And yes, I will meet you in Heaven some day. As a matter I'm looking forward to it. And if for some reason I would leave this old earth before you, just remember, I'll be watching and waiting for you, and hope you will do the same for me. We have been good friends for nearly 35 years and been through more things than you could shake a stick at. Sometimes when I'm just setting here thinking, I start to laugh. If someone seen me they would think I was loosing my marbles. Well, keep up the good work and the faith. God's speed to you.

Take care, old friend,
Bob


The question to which my friend refers about meeting in heaven is discussed in detail at Meet Me in Heaven!

Another related subject is discussed at Reminders When Mansion Shopping! This one is important from the stand point of getting distracted (and maybe a bit envious) when we see the elaborate mansions people of wealth and influence have accumulated and lavished upon themselves over time.

Strange, is it not, that a majority of persons in our republic when making plans for the future limit those plans in terms of a few days, weeks, months, years, or to the point of retirement, but do not make any serious plans for that moment of crossing the great divide from time into eternity! The average rate of death is still one per person!


"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." --- Spoken by Jesus Christ in John 14:1-3

No comments: