Monday, September 1, 2008

Why Be Upset with Me? What Did I Do?



“We have received phone calls…” --– part of beginning conversation about “complaints” received at headquarters of a United Methodist conference in the United States

It’s a question I have had for some time, and so far, not one person has given me an answer. There are a number of United Methodists, ranking from bishop and clergy to lay persons who occupy the pews of United Methodist Churches somewhere who have expressed intense anger and disagreement with some things they have seen either at my web site or posted on my blog.

The anger seems to be due to a couple of areas primarily to which I have devoted comments and graphics. Those happen to be on the issue of sexual morality and God’s established boundaries of the same and on the issue of United States’ sanction of destroying thousands of unborn children each week of the year.

It sort of came to a “head” when I received a phone call from a member of the bishop’s cabinet in the W. PA Annual Conference. I was told that some phone calls had come in to the conference about my web site and the request was this – (1) would I post a notice that there are graphic pictures that are not suitable for young children to view, and (2), would I post a statement that the views on abortion as presented on my web site do not reflect the official position of the United Methodist Church.

So I really had no problem with that and as anyone can see by looking at Circuit Rider's Range, I have complied with those requests. Just scroll down a bit and you will come to the area where I indicate my compliance to those requests. Use reverse feature on your web browser to come back here.

However, what I do have a problem about is this – why are the people who are so upset with me about posting pictures of aborted unborn children not as disturbed about the guys who do these heinous acts of murder – and that is what it is, is it not? And is it not true that abortion does stop a beating heart? What else can you call it? But I’m the bad guy who makes an issue of it, posts pictures, etc. The guys in the white coats who have ripped unborn children to shreds are the good guys and keep getting very rich in the process! Some of them may even be upstanding and active members of United Methodist churches somewhere!

And further, I have a big problem with the fact that those who are leaders in the denomination in which I am an ordained elder are constantly expressing concern about justice and do not hesitate to denounce what are regarded as "sinful" practices such as gambling, etc. But they are totally silent on the massive “shedding of innocent blood” in this country!

Today, September 1, 2008, some newly elected bishops will take over in certain conferences across the United States. The counter is already ticking in regard to unborn children whose lives will be deliberately terminated while still in the womb. To see how many victims there are under the “watch” of these new bishops you can check at Addendum of United Methodist Bishops

But that nagging question still remains – why get mad at me for raising the issue – why not be upset with the people who do the deeds and the people who “legalized” it – and the people who say it’s a good thing or whatever kind of propaganda is used to try to whitewash what is nothing less than a 21st Century version of Holocaust taking place in the "land of the free and the home of the brave!"

And now, a PS on this matter -- during the course of this ongoing saga I received an email from an ordained elder who was extremely indignant and expressed the same by asking, "Do you believe God approves of your posting those pictures?" (pictures of aborted children). It apparently never crossed his mind to ask the question, "Do you believe God approves of you tearing to pieces that unborn child for which He has plans?", of the guy in the white coat who does the tearing to pieces act and gets paid handsomely for doing so! See what I mean? Why do they get mad at me? And the white coated guy goes merrily on his way to the bank without a whimper of protest?

"For if you thoroughly amend your ways and your doings, if you thoroughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbor, if you do not oppress the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place, or walk after other gods to your hurt, then I will cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers forever and ever. Behold, you trust in lying words that cannot profit. Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, burn incense to Baal, and walk after other gods whom you do not know, and then come and stand before Me in this house which is called by My name, and say, 'We are delivered to do all these abominations'?" --- Jeremiah 7:5-10

No comments: