“It’s the economy, stupid!” was a phrase attributed to James Carville during Bill Clinton’s successful campaign for the presidency in 1992. The phrase suggested that Clinton was the superior choice over George H. W. Bush because the sitting president had not effectively addressed the economy which had gone into a recession.
Just about every pair of eyeballs has been focused on the economy in recent months and the issue has whipped up into the intensity of a Cat 5 hurricane raging in toward the U. S. coast from the Atlantic Ocean!
There are probably many who feel that the original phrase, “It’s the economy, stupid!,” which was the brainchild (term brain used carelessly here) of James Carville is applicable to our present condition in the United States.
Certainly President Obama has been attempting to make political hay out of this circumstance and it has given him an “excuse” to go flitting about the country in Air Force One as he attempts to jam his stimulus bill down our throats. Had it not been for the betrayal of 3 Republicans (Senators Snowe and Collins of Maine and Specter of Pennsylvania) it is doubtful we would have gotten bogged down in this financial quagmire which is deceptively called "stimulus!"
But to get to the point – the root problem is not the economy, which is a distraction away from the real problem that is causing us to be on the fast lane to disaster! That real problem is a terminal illness which is ethical, moral and spiritual in nature.
A brief summary:
- Deadly love focused on self, money and pleasure!
- Compromised truth and principles within churches claiming to be Christian in faith!
- Government at all levels that is riddled with contradiction and hypocrisy!
- Widespread practice of idolatry in a plethora of expressions!
- Fast spreading malignancy of sexual immorality in virtually unlimited patterns!
- Intense desecration of the day in which Almighty God is to be honored and worshipped!
- Indoctrinating our children and youth with the false and very deadly teaching that we humans have evolved over eons of time from lower life forms – there is no need for teaching the involvement of a divine Creator when it comes to origins!
- And worst of all – a professed “civilized nation” implementing by judicial ruling a policy which has resulted in the mutilation and murders of over 50 million unborn children since January 1973!
Extensive details on this issue, which makes the subject of the economy have as much impact and significance as a gnat trying to stop a loaded 18 wheeler rolling down Interstate 95 out of Washington DC, are found at Driving the Final Nails! -- use reverse feature on your web browser to come back to this place.
There will be a majority who would vehemently disagree and say, “No, it’s the economy!” And that would include most of the politicians. But that response is because they are part of one or more, maybe ALL the problems as given above!
A PS: I don't believe it's fair that Pennsylvania should be saddled with an Arlen Specter and a John Murtha (my rep in Congress from 12th District) and the other 49 states having never experienced this pair -- the other 49 should have them for a few years and then they would appreciate what we Pennsylvanians have to endure by way of political shenanigans!
"And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed." --- Jesus speaking in Luke 17:26-30