Picture of a mountain lion which was hit by a truck on Mill Creek Road east of Altoona, south of State College, between Mt. Union and Huntingdon PA.
There have been frequent denials by the PA State Game Commission that there are any in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. There were some years ago, but now they no longer exist in the state -- that is, according to Game Commission officials. We citizens of Pennsylvania have come to the place where we regard these people on about the same level as our politicians in Harrisburg and with about the same amount of credibility when they speak on certain issues, such as the existence of mountain lions in the Commonwealth. You have to have lived a while in our fair state to fully appreciate that!
So look at the above photo once more -- that really isn't a household tabby cat that guy is holding! So what does one do when Game Commission people tell you one thing and then something comes along that shoots their claim full of more holes than you find in Swiss cheese?
A close friend of mine saw one of those critters walking by his bee boxes a few months back in broad daylight -- maybe he saw an apparition or something -- maybe he was hallucinating or had been out in the sun too long!
But a more tragic denial is taking place within the circles of those who claim to be Christian -- not a mere denial by some officials as to the existence of a very big kitty cat, but denials in relation to One Whose name is Jesus Christ!
- Denial that He is the virgin-born Son of God -- indeed, God revealed in human form Who walked on the earth He had created a long time ago!
- Denial that He performed many miracles such as feeding thousands with just a few loaves of bread and a few fish, that He delivered people from deadly sicknesses and raised the dead to life.
- Denial that He is exclusively the only way of salvation, forgiveness, peace with God and the hope of everlasting life by virtue of His sacrificial death on a Roman cross for all the sins of the entire human race!
- Denial that He was literally resurrected from the dead, spent 40 days with His followers and then ascended back to heaven to take His place at the right hand of God the Father until His enemies are made to be His footstool -- see Psalm 110.
- Denial that He will personally return to this planet to take control and rule it as King of kings and Lord of lords.
What will those deniers (pastors as well as laity) do when they discover that Jesus Christ is all and everything the Bible reveals Him to be, including the Judge Who will render the final word on every single one of us human beings as one by one we keep our appointment with Him right on schedule?
No reply will be possible -- no objection -- no excuses accepted -- no finger pointing allowed as to the dilemma being someone else's fault -- no, just a very uncomfortable silence until the words come forth:
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. Now everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall." --- Matthew 7:21-27
So, the next time in church circles you hear some denials concerning what God has plainly revealed in His Word, think of a mountain lion in Pennsylvania that got hit by a truck -- just an imaginary experience according to the PA State Game Commission!
So watch out that you do not become a victim of the disease of denial which has infiltrated the ranks of Christianity!