Monday, November 3, 2008

Pennsylvania Wildlife Anxiously Await Implementation of This Redistribution Thing!



Plumber to Obama: “Your new tax plan is going to tax me more. Isn’t it?”

Obama: “It’s not that I want to punish your success, I just want to make sure that everybody that is behind you, that they have a chance for success too. I think that when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.” --- as noted on Fox News, October 13, 2008

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has an abundance of wild life which keeps the PA Game Commission extremely busy throughout the year. Among the many species is a creature called the black bear. These are also rather numerous and can cause a lot of problems in a variety of ways. They often come on our property and raid our bird feeders. Some time back I got a lot of pictures of a “nuisance bear” who destroyed my sunflower feeder one noon day – he hauled it down, sat down and proceeded to eat, giving me a look which said, “If you don’t like it, throw me off your property!” I said he was a nuisance bear – he had a tag in each ear which were clearly visible in photos which I took from about a distance of 15 to 20 feet away. That meant he had been trapped at least 2 times, tagged each time, and transported to a remote area in the forests of Pennsylvania with hopes he would stay in the wild, but obviously this one didn't get the message!

And I saw one just a few weeks ago on my morning walk – he was on the road about 100 yards or less from me and only moved when a car was approaching. Then there was a young one which I saw walking down behind our home in the back yard just recently. And just a few days back a truck hit one on a highway just a few miles from us – this one weighed 523 pounds – lots of bear there!

Rumors are now flying that the PA Game Commission has been observing that changes are taking place among our state’s wildlife population. Perhaps it is best explained in the below picture of a black bear who seems to be overwhelmed with B.O.’s redistribution plan. Notice how he is patiently waiting to be served – that is, to get his “share” which used to be in the possession of someone else!

On November 5th we will all know whether or not “Blackie” pictured above will get generous amounts of something, which formerly belonged to someone else, set before him or whether he will have to go back to raiding bird feeders and garbage cans!

Your eyes will see strange things, and your heart will utter perverse things. --- Proverbs 23:33

No comments: