They soon forgot His works; they did not wait for His counsel, but lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tested God in the desert. And He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their soul. --- Psalm 106:13-15
This may be interpreted as “sour grapes” after an election, but really it is not – it is reality and the fact that about 62.5 million people have just signed our republic’s death warrant!
In an earlier post it was stated that God would either express His intentional and deliberate will in this 2008 election or His permissive will. In the latter case it means He will let the majority get what they want, but eventually there will be a very high price to be paid.
What we can expect starting in mid-January 2009:
- The greatest impending disaster brought on by President Barack Obama is the fact that he will vigorously support the ongoing destruction of unborn children and seek to remove whatever few restrictions are presently in place to protect the unborn such as the heinous partial birth “procedure.” He will likely appoint at least 2 or more Supreme Court judges who will always rule in favor of destroying the unborn. And he will appoint judges in the lower courts who will not see their responsibility as supporting the Constitution but rather to “legislate” from the bench even in defiance of the Constitution!
- What will be the kind of people with which he will be surrounded in terms of advisers, cabinet members, etc? It has been well documented that his associations in the past have often been with persons of questionable character, including one named Jeremiah Wright. God’s revelation speaks loud and clear on the matter – a person who governs must have God-fearing persons surrounding him, and in this age of the Gospel, it means specifically relying on persons who know Jesus Christ personally as Savior and Lord. It is highly unlikely that B. O. will be at all concerned about selecting such people to be a part of his administration. In a sense, having bought this election by having outspent his opponent by millions of dollars, the young president is now beholden to quite a bunch of people – obviously there will be “political” pay offs!
- We can expect an ambitious “tax and spend” policy which will be enthusiastically supported by a Democratic controlled Congress. He and they will never learn that you cannot spend your way into a state of prosperity. Further, these people will not so much as lift a finger in an effort to reduce a national debt now approaching 11 trillion dollars. As an aside, "Big John" Murtha (unfortunately my rep in Congress) was reelected and will continue to do his big "earmark" thing -- he's a champion at this -- that is, until the country goes belly up financially!
- Eventually we can expect an assault against our 2nd Amendment rights. He has already indicated his dissatisfaction with the practice in a number of states of granting licenses to persons allowing them to carry concealed and loaded handguns. In some manner or other there will be an effort launched to further restrict sale and use of firearms and sales of ammunition! The dream of some persons in this republic is the outright ban and possession of all firearms by U. S. citizens. B.O. will at some point attempt to get us moving toward that objective!
- Under his “leadership” (term used very loosely) government will continue to expand and steadily move onward toward duplicating the horror of George Orwell’s novel, “Nineteen Eighty Four” -- you know, the condition where we are all monitored by “big brother.” The dominating force is the deceptive idea that the government can take care of us from the cradle to the grave – or as put more dramatically in other terms – from the womb to the tomb!
- Obama’s military will be interesting to watch. He will be “Commander in Chief” but never has had 1 day of military experience. Will we see a mass exit or not when enlistment terms expire and officers determine whether they will stay a while longer or retire? Time will tell on this one. A poll among the military before election revealed very strong support for John McCain with the exception of blacks in the military – as expected, their support was highly in favor of B. O.
- Perhaps one of the most crucial areas of concern under the administration of Barack Obama, second only to his attitude toward unborn children is how he will support Israel or refuse to support Israel. So far, this country has had leadership which has been supportive of the country of Israel and at times has been the only country to stand with Israel in certain crises. Shenanigans at the United Nations demonstrate all too well the truth of this. It likely will not be too long until we know if our new president will be supportive of Israel or will back off and eventually abandon the Jewish state.
- Finally, what will be his faith identity and church identity while occupying the White House? God has again made plain the fact that one who is in the powerful position of governing is to be one who bears witness to his faith and relationship with God – in other words leadership that is powerful and influential begins by exhibiting a holy example in conduct and providing evidence that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob – that this same God is the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ and is real in every day experience. Will B. O. and family identify with a church – if so, will it be nothing more than one of those “feel good” churches where the word “repentance” is avoided like the plague, and the pastors of which would never say anything that would offend someone, especially one who is president of the United States?
Yes, there are times in recorded history when we observe God giving the people what they wanted, and too late they discovered they wanted what was not at all good for them, and then disaster struck!
"Then you shall say to the people, 'Sanctify yourselves for tomorrow, and you shall eat meat; for you have wept in the hearing of the LORD, saying, "Who will give us meat to eat? For it was well with us in Egypt." Therefore the LORD will give you meat, and you shall eat. You shall eat, not one day, nor two days, nor five days, nor ten days, nor twenty days, but for a whole month, until it comes out of your nostrils and becomes loathsome to you, because you have despised the LORD who is among you, and have wept before Him, saying, "Why did we ever come up out of Egypt?"' …………… But while the meat was still between their teeth, before it was chewed, the wrath of the LORD was aroused against the people, and the LORD struck the people with a very great plague. So he called the name of that place Kibroth Hattaavah, because there they buried the people who had yielded to craving. --- Numbers 11:18-20, 33, 34